The S-flow range of instruments consist of compact, bench-top automatic viscometry systems for the analysis of Newtonian fluids. It complies fully with in ASTM D7279 and as such, gives full correlation to ASTM D445. It is the ideal system for used oil analysis labs that need to test a wide range of lubricant viscosities.
“The S-flow system was designed for maximum throughput and ease of use while minimizing sample quantity and solvent consumption. It is the ideal viscometer for quick and accurate results”
Fast & accurate
The S-flow system is a self-contained viscometer system that consists of a thermostatic bath with circular heater and a control column. The bath contains 4 viscometer tubes together with optical sensors to detect the fl ow of the sample through the tubes. All measuring tubes function independently of each other. The control column has an LCD display that provides the user with information about the system’s status and an array of LED’s indicate the current status of each measuring tube. Although a PC is not required to operate the instrument, additional software is available for operating and data storage and reporting.
The entire cycle time ranges between 3-10 minutes per tube, allowing a throughput of up to 80 tests per hour. After the injection of the sample, operator presence is no longer required. The operator needs only to return after the system has completed the measurement and cleaned the tube.
- Applicable for fuels, base oils, formulated oils, and other petrochemical fluid chemicals as well as water based fluids
- Compliant with requirements for ASTM D7279 and related specifications.
- Very easy to use
- Small sample volume : 0.3-1.0 ml
- Low solvent consumption : 2-3 ml per sample
- Extremely accurate temperature control and flow-time measurement independent of fluid type
- Automatic flow time measurement with ultraprecise meniscus detection
- Fully automatic cleaning and drying (model dependent)
- Fast & easy tube replacement (tubes are not connected to optical sensors)
- No need to drain bath during tube replacement
- Single or dual solvent injection (model dependent)
- Stand-alone unit. No PC required. Software operation is available as an option.
- Chemically resistant to allow for all common solvents
- Optional duplo measurement capability
- Back Flush Kit