The Omnitek U-Visc is the next generation of completely automatic viscometry systems.
The system combines several unique features, making it the instrument of choice in many applications, ranging from QC to R&D to used oil analysis. While offering full compliance with ASTM D445/446, the specially designed viscometer tubes cover a 100-fold range, e.g. from 1 to 100 mm2/s. The tubes are based on the well-known and proven Ubbelohde design, but only require 8-16 ml of sample and approx. 12-15 ml of solvent for cleaning. Available with single or dual solvent cleaning, the instrument measures kinematic viscosity in Newtonian fluids like lubricants, fuels or dissolved plastics between 0.15 and 25,000 mm2/s.
Designed to be versatile and flexible, yet easy use. Different models are available range from 1 bath with 1 or 2 viscometer tubes, up to 2 baths with 1 or 2 viscometer tubes per bath, where ach bath works independently. Sophisticated temperature control ensures that measurements are carried out well within limits specified by ASTM D445. Each bath features a 32-position sampling tray (16 samples per tube), allowing completely unattended operation. Depending on the viscosity of the sample, the instrument can process up to 40 measurements per hour, satisfying even the needs of high volume labs running several hundred samples per day.
Samples can be introduced using vacuum or pressure. The latter avoids evaporation of sample, which can be a point of concern in some dilute viscosity applications. Viscometers are easily exchanged in minutes instead of hours, minimizing downtime. All surfaces of the viscometer tubes, including the outside bottom, which is in contact with the sample, are thoroughly cleaned and dried using solvents and air.
- Applicable for fuels, base oils, formulated oils, and other petroleum products.
- Fully automatic
- Sample carousel
- Meets all ASTM, EN, ISO and DIN standards related to kinematic viscosity
- Extremely accurate temperature control
- Extremely accurate flow-time measurement independent of fluid type
- Viscometer filling by either vacuum or pressure method
- Little sample volume / little solvent consumption
- High throughput; up to 10 measurements per bath per tube per hour
- Innovative viscometer tube cleaning allowing cross contamination free operation
- Easy viscometer tube exchange
- Suitable for petrochemical fluids and diluted solution viscosity samples
- Chemically resistant to an extended range of fluids and solvents
- Multiple versions available covering a wide variety of requirements
- Compact design
- Optional duplo viscometer tubes for unstable samples