- Based on QCL-IR technology
- EcoSpec® Analyzer complies with ASTM D7678
- Designed to quantify oil and grease in water or soil
- CFC-free extraction
- High precision (SD: 0.05 mg/L below 10 mg/L)
- Wide measurement range (0 – 2000 mg/L)
- Fully portable, rugged design
Knowing the oil content in the process streams, the treatment of the resulting waste water can be optimized and production costs can be decreased. Historically, the measurement of the oil content in produced water and waste water was either time-consuming or required ozone depleting CFCs as solvents. The use of these solvents has been forbidden or restricted by the United Nations Montreal Protocol. The ASTM D7678 standardized test method offers an eco-friendly alternative to measure oil-in-water using non-ozone depleting chemicals. The patented EcoSpec® oil-in-water and oil-in-soil analyzer from QuantaRed Technologies required to run ASTM D7678 yields results within minutes and at unrivaled precision.
- Oil exploration and production
- Water processing
- Waste water treatment
- Environmental monitoring of water and soil
The oil and grease content of water or soil is extracted using cyclohexane or cyclopentane. Residual water is captured with sodium sulfate. The water-free extract is then analyzed using QCL Infrared Absorbance Spectroscopy using the EcoSpec® Oil-in-Water analyzer. Ready-made cartridges to measure Total Oil and Grease (TOG) or Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) are available.