The FameSpec® FAME in jet fuel analyzer combines the increased sensitivity of QCLs with a patented automated sample preparation technique. FAME is removed from the sample by a selective chemical reaction facilitated by a catalyst. The catalyst is encapsulated in a multi‐use column completely avoiding the necessity for single‐use consumables. The FameSpec® is the only device in the marketplace equipped to run ASTM Test Method D8290.
The increased use of biodiesel (FAME) led to the issue of cross‐contamination of jet fuel during transportation or storage in multiproduct facilities, like pipelines and ships or road tankers. FAME is known to negatively influence the thermal stability of jet fuel and to lead to a performance deterioration of aircraft engines, e.g., by forming coke deposits. Therefore, a maximum FAME content of 50 mg/kg has been included in international jet fuel specifications DEF STAN 91‐091 and ASTM D1655.
- Based on QCL‐IR technology
- FameSpec® Analyzer complies with ASTM D8290
- Detects all types of FAME
- High precision (repeatability of 0.8 mg/kg at 5 mg/kg)
- Wide measurement range (10 ‐ 400 mg/kg)
- Fast measurement (<25 min)
- Automated sample preparation
- 10‐port autosampler
- Fully portable compact design
- Pipelines terminal